Friday, February 22, 2008

my first blog

Hello world!
Since this is my very first post on my very first blog, I feel as if I should introduce myself.

My name is Sarah Marie and I'm 23-years-old. In September 2007 I married the love of my life - John, an adorable graphic designer and cartoonist.

Four months before that, I graduated with a B.A. in print journalism. After graduating on a Friday I started my first "real" job in the big bad career world the following Monday as a news and features writer at a concert industry trade magazine.

Oh, and John and I have two bad kitties- Winnie, the prettiest cat ever and Charlie, the fattest and cutest cat ever. Whew! That was a load of info!

I'm really excited to be starting this blog because one of my dream jobs is to be just like Jon Carroll, a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle. I love that his articles range from political ponderings to tales about his cat. I guess that's the beauty of blogging - and you don't have to convince a major newspaper to hire you!

Lately, I've become obsessed with all the blogs on Glamour magazine's Web site. I'm so addicted; I always check on them when I get to work to ease into the work day! Also, from reading Glamour blogs, I came across the blog of another 23-year-old Sarah Marie. Her blog, which you can check out here, was the final straw that inspired me to start my own blog.

I'm such a dork-- last night I was thinking and thinking about starting a blog so much that I had dreams about blogging! What's the last random thing that YOU had a dream about? I hope this blog helps me meet lots of fun new people and keep in touch with my buddies too. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! Double thanks! (For the shout out and for the compliment)I hope to keep in touch with ya since we obviously have a lot in common and I always look forward to your comments!
Hmm let's see the last random thing I dreamed about...was probably last night when I had a dream about being at the jersey shore for summer (I have not ever been to jersey or the shore haha!!)
Good luck with the blog, you are off to a great start!

Sarah Marie said...

That sounds like a lovely dream! I love the beach- who doesn't?! I've never been to the jersey shore either, but it sounds nice!

John Rios said...

Alriiight! It's officially BLOG TIME (that's the best time for blogging you know)! Hey honey, glad you've gotten your blog off the ground! Not just because it TOTALLY mentions me, but because I can't wait to read it everyday! Even though we talk all day long, I never get tired of hearing what's on your mind. Love you sweets!
-Johnny

mrs.shelton said...

woooohooooooooo!!

let's get this party started Woman!!

its bloggin time ;)

i'm excited to read what my lovely friend sara has to say, you know i'm a humongous fan of your writings, always have been!

last dream i had that i can remember i actually blogged about it, it included lisa frank and trapper keepers...yeah blast from the past right?

did you know that i absolutely LOVE shopping for school supplies? i dream about them frequently. that's the only thing that's got me excited for isaiah to start preschool, other than that, i'm a mess. :D

Ashley said...

HI! i've been reading you past post, just wanted to say I love your blog :)