Tuesday, April 22, 2008

happy earth day!

In honor of Earth Day, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of one of my favorite places in the world -- Tuolumne Meadows, which is located in the eastern section of Yosemite National Park.

My mom, dad, sis and I have been going camping here forever. The first time I went I believe I was just about a year old. My parents took me and my sis camping here almost every single year; when Amy and I were kids we'd go for about a week to 10 days at a time. At first we slept in my parents' VW bus but then we me and my sis got too big to sleep in the pop-up, we were all about the old fashioned tents. It's been two years since I've been there-- so excited to experience it all over again in a few months!

When Johnny and I first started going out, he told me he wasn't a huge fan of camping. But when he first saw Tuolumne, he was soon a camping convert.

My awesome buddies at work got me and Johnny a tent and a blow up mattress of our very own for our wedding present. I can't wait to try them out!


Here's me and two of my best friends, Megan and Britt, on a camping trip the three of us took four years ago. We only went for one night but it was totally worth it. We did everything -- spent the night at the Tuolumne Meadows campground (cooked dinner & lit a fire in the rain) went to Mammoth, visited Mono Lake and checked out the ghost town of Bodie.


Girlies, we should go camping again together one day!

And Mom, Dad, Amy and Johnny-- I can't wait to go camping with you guys this summer!

And dear, sweet Earth -- I promise to keep trying to be better to you. XOXO

4 comments:

FoodFashionFetish said...

happy earth day to you!! i have been wanting to go camping with just my husband and me for so long. i'm hoping one day i can convince him it will be a great idea! beautiful park by the way.

John Rios said...

Happy Birthday Earth! How old are you today? Aw, c'mon, you don't look a day over 4 billion! Though, you are lookin' a little rough around the edges there, but don't worry, we'll do our best to help you out. Uh, Your present must have gotten lost in the mail. You know those mail carriers. Can't trust em. Anyway, have a great day! It's ALL YOURS!
-John

shan & andrew said...

Camping is the best! Thanks for the Earth Day post! I just love your blog!

jimaie.marie said...

camping!! i can't wait to take my boys again, SO fun!!
i love waking up and smelling the FRESH yummy air, nature is so good for the soul eh?
how fun, i didn't know you girls took a camping trip, that rocks!