Wednesday, April 2, 2008

it's mani-pedi time!

After work I'm going to get a mani-pedi! Woo! I'm totally pumped. I LOVE going to this nail shop right by my house called Paradise Nails. For $30 you can get a mani-pedi complete with soaking your feet in a little mini hot tub and an awesome leg/foot and hand massage. SOO relaxing. It's been about a month since I've gone. I do SUCH a bad job painting my own nails-- and it's nice to be pampered every now and then! I've become WAY too addicted to this little treat not to have it done now and then. What's funny is that for the most part I hate doing anything on my own like running errands, shopping, etc. except when I'm getting a mani-pedi. It's nice to chill out and just be by myself.

Eeeee! I really need to go. This chipped nail polish looks BAD! (duh!)

Usually I do tomato red or hot pink. I don't know what to pick this time. Hmm... "They" (the knowers of all things cool, i.e. marie claire and such) say Crayola colors like yellow and green and bright purple are "in." I've done bright purple but I dunno about the other colors. What do you think?

Do you guys get your nails done? Or do you do em yourself? How do you like to be pampered/ relax?

** Update**

I went for the yellow but got my regular tomato red on my fingernails. This picture looks kinda funny but I had to hold the camera with one hand! Hee-- for some reason the position of my toes look a little odd. What do you think of the color? Am I rockin it? While the nail girl was painting my fingernails, I kept glancing over at my toes, like I couldn't believe what I had done-- and the manicurist kept laughing at me! Funny.

3 comments:

FoodFashionFetish said...

i really like those colors - especially the yellow. my sis and i just had a mani/pedi and she did yellow on her toes too. i think it looked gret on her. i think yellow is definitely the color of the season for nails, clothes, etc.

Sarah said...

The yellow looks so fun!!! Good choice lady!

aurora said...

I think the yellow looks great! I know all those bright colors are it right now. I really like a shimmery blue. There is ANOTHER blog I like (www.galadarling.com--check it out, I think you'll fall in love) and the writer has blue hair and gets blue manicures! It looks so good. Now you've made me want to paint my nails!