Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rockin' Chicago

What you've all been waiting for (right?!)-- the first round of pics from my Chicago trip!

Here's me and Johnny, waiting in the Fresno airport-- soooo sleepy! I cannot believe I only got two hours before our big adventure! I'm so crazy! I was actually pretty impressed that I dragged my butt outta bed, packed and made my flight. whew!


And ... we're off! Yay! We're off on the tiniest, nosiest plane of all time. I'm pretty sure it was only the third plane ever invented. Or something like that.


After flying from Fresno to San Fran, we flew from SF to Chicago. I was digging their airport-- the ceiling reminded me of paint samples! ha.


How cool is this?!


Yay! We made it! Can't wait to check out the city!


But first, to check into our hotel. And where did we stay? But of course, the Hard Rock Hotel! Cuz you know, we're such rockers! We rock out!




Since we were going to be spending a pretty penny, we decided to shell out an extra 20 bucks a night for a room with a view. Whatcha think? Pretty nice, huh?! Actually I really recommend this hotel-- the most comfy beds, spacious rooms, very modern decor and just a dang, cool vibe.

We stayed on the 16th floor -- that would be, Prince's floor. Oh yeah!

Our room featured a lovely David Bowie mirror. Love him!


And in the bathroom, the fab four were there to watch you pee.

Had to share a couple snapshots from the Bob Dylan floor. Look at those jeans! What a skinny minnie that Robert Z. is!

John and his brother Jaime rockin out!


Bob-- I think I'm in love. hee.


Alright, enough of that, it's time to explore the city a bit!

Chicago, Chicago... that toddlin' town!


Our mission on this exploration? Food! It was 7 p.m. Chicago time and we hadn't eaten since Sun Chips in SF at 8:30 a.m. We were starving! (Ok, fine, and some m&ms on the plane. but, still!) We found this place called America's Dog and John went for the hamburger...


and when he challenged me to chow down on the Chicago hot dog-- how could I say no?! This was one crazy hot dog! Chicago style means mustard, relish, onion, jalapenos, tomato, pickle & celery salt. I was kinda worried but it was actually quite tasty! yum! I liked the atmosphere at this place, very chill... exactly what we needed!


After chowing down and walking around, we headed back to the hotel and ran into John's sisters, Yadira & Yesmi. So exciting for Yadira-- it was the night before her wedding! So we all headed up to her room to hang out and play charades. Fun, fun.

The view from her penthouse suite was just slightly better than our view. Swanky! Man, the city is so beautiful! I love it. This looks a bit unreal!


While playing charades, we worked up quite an appetite and so we all decided to share a pizza.
Here is our first taste of authentic Chicago style pizza:

Um, this picture of Johnny is crazy! He is a little pizza eating zombie! hee.

Then again, I look pretty crazy, too. This pizza was hardcore! I have this really weird thing about melty cheese (but fake nacho cheese is AOK) so I wasn't the biggest fan, but it was still fun to try it out. (You know you are in LOVE with the all the pictures I post of us pigging out?! ha.)


And after another round of charades, we were off to sleep. The bride (and us too) needed her beauty sleep!

More Chicago pictures to come!! Stay tuned!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

haha the one of johnny and the cheese is my fav. hilarious. (close 2nd is you on the pot in the bathrobe)

looks like you guys had a great time!

Johnny said...

Yay! Fun trip! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics... wait, I was there! Well, I can't wait to see them on your site. :)

Sarah said...

Whoa, looks like a great time! I love the pictures in the potty! So funny. You guys are too cute. I can't wait to see the wedding pics. Oh and the pic from the penthouse looks unreal!

ellie said...

such lovely and fun pics! That's a cheesy pizza! Looks like you guys had a great trip.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

haha, very nyce pics babygurl ;-)

Katelin said...

oooh looks like such a fun trip already. the hard rock looks amazing, love the view you had. can't wait to see the rest!

Bethnasty said...

That kinda pizza can make a girl hungry! Looks like a fun trip!!!

Steph Corwin said...

okay those jeans are super skinny! But I could never fit into them because I am too busy lusting over that hot dog and that pizza! Yum!