Monday, September 29, 2008

9/11 (TM)

A few weeks ago September 11 came and went but I didn't write anything about that horrible day seven years ago .... I wanted to but I didn't know how to put into words what I was feeling without rambling and ranting and losing my focus, therefore taking away from the memories of those who lost their lives and their loved ones left behind.

Well, it looks like news anchor/political commentator Keith Olbermann has done all the work for me. Since John and I don't have cable in our casa (Can you believe it?! I've never had cable in my entire 24 years. Never ever.) I've just recently discovered Olbermann through the wondrous Huffington Post.

As John says-- "He's my new favorite American hero! Next to Obama." For realzies.

Anyways, on to the video. Olbermann gave one of his "Special Comments" the day before the anniversary about how September 11 has been exploited over the years for political purposes. The video is about eight minutes long but it's seriously worth every second of your time. What Olbermann says it's so true and I'm just so grateful there's someone out there in the mainstream media speaking the truth.

p.s. If you can't watch the video at work or you'd rather read the text --- you can find it here.



4 comments:

Shellie said...

I would love to comment on how cool I think this is but I DON't have a freaking sound card on my computer.

you have no cable, I have no sound card.

we are a match made in media heaven.

sarah marie p said...

@shellie Aw, how cute! Media soulmates! ;)

Don't worry - you can read the text here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/10/olbermann-slams-republica_n_125525.html

Shellie said...

thanks SMP! thats what relationships are all about. you know the giving and sharing.

Steph Corwin said...

I watched this and got so fired up that I forgot to comment. But yes thanks for sharing. I never really thought of it that way, but now.. oh now I completely agree.