Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ring photoshoot

I recently got my wedding/engagement rings back from the jewelers after I left it there to get all cleaned and purty. And that wanna-be suitor who tried to hit on me (or was it my ring?) was totally right -- now my ring DOES look all sparkly! The day after I got it back I was veering into other lanes while staring at my ring and trying to drive to work. Yeah, I'm a good driver. ha.

After promising my ring would be ready on Wednesday after I dropped it off on Saturday, it wasn't ready until the following Wednesday because the jeweler was taking longer to re-rhodiumize it or whatever that magical procedure is called. What the heck, people?! A week later than you promise is not cool! But I couldn't really complain because the procedure was free.

Anyways, while my ring was away, my ring finger wasn't naked because I wore a ring I received on my 16th birthday from my parents.

One day, I decided to follow in the footsteps of some of my favorite photographers and take a couple photos of my 16th bday ring a la the neato shots these awesome photogs take of bride & groom's rings. Thanks for the inspiration ladies! (and Ken too! :D)

Here's what I came up with ...

9 comments:

La Petite Chic said...

That's such a beautiful ring! I feel naked without mine too :)

Johnny said...

I'm glad that ring kept your finger warm while the other was away getting work done. :)

Amanda said...

Love the googly (sp?) eye! So funny!

Katelin said...

i love that second picture, it's so cute with your pictures in the background.

Talia said...

I really like that last one... it's so perfect with you two in the background.

See Sherm Blog said...

You're so cute! Pretty creative my friend. :-)

*CPA* Su said...

I do that too, stare at my ring that is! Especially after I get it back from being cleaned. It's not my fault really, it's just so darn pretty and sparkly! =)

Allison said...

Those pictures are so cute and creative. Your ring is beautiful.

Steph Corwin said...

How adorable! I think they are so you! Yay for sparkly rings! Which reminds me I need to clean mine.