Friday, December 12, 2008

The gray-haired man

One night last week I woke up in the middle of a dream, turned to John and asked, "Who's the gray-haired man?"

John woke up and answered,"Uh, George Clooney?"

I must have thought about it for about a second. But then I said "No" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

The next day at lunch I asked John if I had asked him about a gray-haired man the night before. He said yes and asked me what that was all about.

By that point I had (almost) figured out whom I was dreaming about!

I told John I dreamed that this fellow was smooching me.




Or was it this guy?



I'm not sure. I just know it was one of those politically-minded funnymen. But both of those guys are pretty AOK in my book! What a funny dream!

My favorite part is that I woke up to ask John whom I was smoochin. Haha. Oh man, I'm crazy! Bad wifey!

Seriously though, do you know who I think is the hottest gray-haired man ever? Why, my Johnnyboy, of course!


Here we are at Ashley & Colleen's gallery opening. OK, as you can see, my boy has an awesome head of auburn hair. But he also has a teeny patch of gray hair. I think it's so adorable! After being with John for over four years, I think he keeps getting more and more handsome every day. Seriously. I'm a lucky lass!

Ashley recently blogged about her hubs Chris and wrote, "he is starting to get little wrinkles around his eyes... Is it just me, or is all that old man stuff totally H.O.T.?!?"

I totally agree! When I first met my Johnny one of my favorite things about him was his little wrinkles around his eyes. I love those little lines because they're there because he's always smiling, he has the best attitude and we're always laughing together.

Johnny, I love you so much! You're the only gray-haired man (or any man for that matter- Duh!) that I'll ever want to kiss. Thanks for being such a handsome, dashing husband! I can't wait to grow old and (more) gray with you! xoxo.

19 comments:

Allison said...

Aw how freaking cute! Andrew has some gray hair and hates it. He also kinda has a bald spot, so he shaves his head. He is so cute. haha Don't tell him I told you that.

Johnny said...

:D Haha, "Uuuh, George Clooney?"
For a half asleep random question, you have to admit that was a pretty good guess.

Aw, I love you too sweets. Glad you like the "old man stuff" that I've been developing. Can't wait for your "old lady" stuff to start happening! Haha! Maybe not the hot flashes, but you know, the good stuff that reminds me that I get to spend the rest of my life with the coolest chick around, regardless of her age.

Love you!

Tristan said...

Awe, you two are just so stinkin' cute!

OH, and check out my blog..I have a 100th post GIVEAWAY..a scarf will be the prize!!

La Petite Chic said...

Ha ha ha! I'm still laughing at Johnny's response! :) And also, you guys are so in love that it's inspiring...must go tell my Jonny that I love him!

See Sherm Blog said...

Do you think that guys love our grey hair and wrinkles as much as we love theirs?

I definitely love Kyle's little wrinkles around his eyes.

And Johnny's response is classic!

Sarah said...

aww that was beyond adorable. And Johnny's response was classic!

Sarah said...

I love my going-gray haired man too!

Shan said...

I agree there is something about smarty-pants politicos that just makes dreams soar! you're funny.

Katelin said...

i totally agree that the gray hair is pretty dashing on some peeps.

*jimaie.marie* said...

LOL!! my guess wouldve been george clooney too john! haha! i love love love that you woke up to ask john who you had been smoochin, so YOU! :D

*CPA* Su said...

OMG you two are absolutely too freaking adorable!!! I love it!

Kyla Bea said...

So cute!! You guys are just adorable.

Sara McGinness said...

how cute, I love Johnny's response. He is such a great husband, heck- you guys are such a cute couple.

Ashley said...

I'm dying of cuteness overload.

YOU TWO ARE ADORABLE.

You make me want to get married and I ALREADY AM, that's how adorable you are!

(Anderson Cooper is a gray-haired cutie, I must say.)

Katy said...

you two are adorable!!! I love how in love you are! So cute! :-) love reading your blog and all your adventures! :-)

Talia said...

hehe... what a cute post. Those are some silver foxes, but of course they can't compare to a husband. Especially a wonderful one! You and Johnny are just too cute (hmmm, how many times have I said that now??? :))

I love the distinguished older man look too... it's sexy! Jeremy has a few gray hairs and I love noticing them when I run my hands through his hair.

Amanda. said...

Aww. Shucks. You
two are super duper
cute. I loves it.

wishcake said...

You guys are so adorable that it hurts sometimes. :)

I'm pretty sure I'll never get to enjoy the sexy older man thing, as my husband apparently stopped aging at eighteen. He still gets carded for rated R movies sometimes, and he's twenty-seven. Crazy pants, right? (I still get carded, too, but whatever. Heehee.)

I love that photo of you two!

Steph said...

ohh I love old men. I just cannot wait until Cale and I are old and gray. :) Cale looks exactly like his dad and his grandpa, so I get a little preview to what he's going to look like when he's old. Sadly there is very little silvery gray and more just really light blond/white.. but he'll still be one good looking old man