This is our 4th Christmas since Johnny and I first moved in together. We've decided this little guy might be our best tree yet!
I was so excited that our new place came with a fireplace, especially because it meant we get to hang up stockings! Well, at our old place we also hung stockings but it wasn't as exciting because we hung them on the TV stand. Hee. And I love our new stockings! They're so bright and fun and I like their cheesy pom-poms!
Since John favors the white lights and I love the multi-colored lights, we always compromise and hang both white and colored lights on our tree.
Here are just a few of our favorites ornaments we've collected so far ...
1. I gave this one to Johnny in 2005, the first Christmas we shared living together. I think it looks just like us! Johnny accidentally dropped the ornament this year and our heads fell off, but no worries -- after a dab of super glue, we were back in business. I know we're going to hold onto this ornament forever.
2. Since John loves to surf, my mom has given John a few surfing Santas over the years. John and I agree that this chubby guy is our favorite. Oh my goodness, isn't he too adorable?!
3. Charlie's ornament. Eeek! I love that his ornament is an angel because that fluffy orange boy is such a sweetheart. And it even has his little (ok, not so little) belly too! Oh how I love that Charlie!
4. This year we have both a star and an angel gracing the top of the tree. We picked up the angel on our honeymoon last year.
5. John said I had to include this one. It's a random one we picked up at Cost Plus/World Market last year but for some reason John is in love with it. It's a freakin bear driving a car! With a present on top of his vehicle! Man, that bear is prepared for Christmas. Look at his serious expression. It's no joke.
Oh, and one more thing - I have to share what my mom surprised me with this year. A wreath made out of buttons! I'm in love!
By the way -- what's your favorite Christmas song?
My favorites are "The Christmas Song," "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas."
p.s. And favorite Christmas album is "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. LOVE!
p.p.s. Ok, two more good ones - "All I want for Christmas is you" and "I've got my love to keep me warm."