I absolutely loved 2011. I had such a good year! I hope you did too. In somewhat of a chronological order, here are 12 of my favorite moments from this past year. Some of the photos I've already shared but the majority of the moments I meant to blog, but never got around to.
1. Planning and attending Morgan's baby shower for baby Jack ...
and Jimaie's shower for baby Moriah
2. Racing on the speedway during my 27th birthday party at Blackbeard's!
And dinner afterward at the Old Spaghetti Factory
3. A perfect day at the beach with my boy and our pup
4. Our Southwest Road Trip -- including our first camping trip on our own, hiking in Zion National Park, our 10-hour drive to Santa Fe, John's 30th birthday dinner, our adorable bed & breakfast in Santa Fe, driving to Sedona & Britt's graduation dinner. As you can tell by all of my road trip posts, I loved just about every moment of that trip!
5. Waiting in the hospital all night with Jimaie for Moriah's arrival at 1:55 a.m.
6. Our annual camping trip with my parents on the East Side of the Sierra
8. A day spent crafting puppy costumes with Britt. We then entered Abbie and Izzy in the Tower District's Halloween Pooch Parade. (They were a tooth brush & tooth paste. We went as dentists!)
9. A rainy picnic and afternoon at Millerton Lake. The day was pretty magical because we had the whole place to ourselves (plus Abbie, of course)!
10. Filming Kill Bill for Swede Fest 7 ...
and then making our version of the Jackie Brown trailer for Swede Fest 8.
11. Seeing My Morning Jacket rock our socks off in San Francisco. (And dinner beforehand at this cute Mexican restaurant.) This was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life! After Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings' killer opening set, MMJ played for two and a half hours. It was crazy good.
12. John and I ended 2011 by spending the afternoon of New Year's Eve walking and hiking along the coast and then watching the last sunset of the year over the water.